Pico-8 #2

I finally published something!

    Finals have been keeping me busy! Despite the finals I managed to play with Pico-8 a little bit. Instead of diving head first into a large project like I usually do I decided to start off small. I made a simple multi-player pong clone. It's not done yet since I want it to have a single-player mode as well. I have published it to the Pico-8 forums you can find my game here. I'll also leave some links at the bottom. 


What I learned

    I learned a lot about organizing code in Pico-8. Noticed some obvious flaws in the simple "one step forward" style collision check. Unsurprisingly just checking if you're going to be in a collider in the next frame is not enough for fast moving objects. Learned about the process of publishing your Pico-8 games.


Current Plans

    I just want to be done with my finals before I commit to anything large. However I do want to make a simple top down shooter that I could later use to make a Wolfenstein style shooter. I need to be done with finals first though so I won't be making progress towards this too soon.

Pong on PICO-8 forums

Pong on itch.io

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pico-8 #1

First Post!